Share This Craft
North Pole Frosty-Weather-Reader-Meter
Santa and the elves know that they can count on the North Pole Frosty-Weather-Reader-Meter to give them the most up-to-date weather reports, which helps them make sure that everything is in order for Christmas. In this craft, kids will create their very own weather-meter just like the one that Santa uses in this story about an Arctic snowstorm.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- 7.5" x 7.5" x 3" papier-mâché box
- Glue stick
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- Crayons or markers
- Print the template.
- Color the pieces with crayons (or markers).
- Cut out pieces.
- Make sure box is closed, then set it on one of its sides.
- Roll the rectangular template piece from page 2, lining up the left edge with the dotted line on the right. Staple cylinder together.
- On this cylinder, fold the small bottom tab along the dotted line and glue (or tape) to top of box.
- Curl half of the pipe cleaner around the glue stick, leaving the other half straight.
- Tape the straight end of the pipe cleaner to the side of the box with the curly end pointing up.
- Glue remaining pieces onto box front. Refer to the image above as a guide.
- Now you have a weather-meter! Use your meter to get special weather reports from the North Pole!