Share This Craft
Craft Foam Gingerbread House
With just a few craft supplies and candies, your child can create a cheery craft foam gingerbread house like the one Mrs. Claus was making in the story, “Everyone’s Important.” For more festive fun, your child can decorate additional houses to create a little village!
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Craft foam (or cardboard)
- Pencil or marker
- Decorations: pompoms, pipe cleaners, sequins, glitter
- Candy: candy canes, Twizzlers, peppermints, Red Hots, holiday sprinkles, etc. (*Do not use sugar-free candies because they will “melt’ after a few days.)
- Print the template and cut out the house.
- Trace house pattern onto foam using pencil (or marker) and then cut out.
- Decorate house with candy, pompoms, pipe cleaners, glitter—whatever you like.
- Now you have gingerbread house just like Mrs. Claus!